Chapter 5 Complications
Part 5
The fair was only in town two more days. And the festivities continued to rage on, paying the troubled couple no mind. Chatter and laughter from the streets floated up tapping on the balcony door; but didn’t change the issue that resided inside the closed off luxury apartment. For hours they lounged lazily on the lush carpet next to the bed; with little energy left. Stress can intensely weigh on the body, and lately neither of them could function properly. SB had Nicki wrapped in a protective cocoon his arms made. She lay on SB’s shoulder, her body slightly under his. They hadn’t moved since the argument ended. Silence lolled in the thick toasty air. The day casually drifted away leaving the sun clinging to consciousness. A black sheet of satin creeped over the sky, the bed casted a shadow at their feet.
“What did you think about?” Nic whispered, careful not to startle the stillness. She rested a hand over his heart, watching it lightly rise and fall. SB’s eyes flickered open; now watching her while his hand caressed her cheek.
“Hmm?” The thin sound was barely audible.
“Earlier you asked me if I knew what you thought about, when you thought I was pregnant. What did you think about?” Still resting on his shoulder, she angled her head up so she could look into his eyes. But he wasn’t looking back into hers, but at the closed bathroom door; gazing. She pushed his face with her finger, giving him no choice but look at her. He sighed at her curious, worried expression.
“I thought…” He took a deep breath. “I thought I was gonna lose you”
“Why would you think that?”
“I don’t know. I just pictured you dying giving birth. And it scared the shit out of me.” Looking into his eyes as he spoke she could feel the depth of his fear. Moving his hands out the way, she repositioned herself sitting on his lap; never breaking eye contact. Pulling him to her, he laid his head on her chest; she stroked his hair, her chin rested on his head.
“We’re okay babe. I’m here.” She whispered.
“I love you” SB murmured into her neck. His presence alone wrapped around her heart and made it beat. But when the deep-rooted words that were concentrated in his soul was spoken into the air, it altered her heartbeat to match his.
“I love you” She boldly assured him; kissing his lips. The sensation set his body alight. Hearing her speak those words made true happiness seem so possible, though many people will never experience it; he didn’t care because he had his. Those three words sent him from the ground to the top of the cloud that rested in god’s hands. Nobody to this date has ever made him feel the way she did. There was nothing else he could need.
The light outside was dwindling. All Nic wanted lately was to let go of all the pain, and have some fun for once. And he couldn’t deny her that; after all that’s what he wanted as well. To spend a great day alone with his beauty like they had just weeks ago. The day he’d proposed. Since that day Nicki hadn’t taken the ring off, wearing it proudly to shows, interviews, meetings. But never outing their life to the world, it wasn’t anyone else’s business. But whenever anyone asked if he was important and close to her heart, she let it be known. He’d give anything to see her as happy as she was on that day, and the fair was the perfect opportunity to see her smile; to hear her laugh.
“I’m sorry” He sincerely apologized.
“About what? You didn’t do anything wrong.”
“I mean for all the bullshit. I ain’t mean to hurt you.” He put his face in his hands, but Nic pulled them down.
“You had the right to be mad at me. I didn’t mean to hurt you either. I should have told you.”
“Yeah, but I shouldn’t have reacted like that. I feel like shit.”
“Its okay, my little sensitive man” She cooed pinching his cheeks. He shot her a death glare; she just giggled kissing him.
“So I wanna make it up to you” He said when his lips were free. Her face lit up.
“The fun place?” She squealed excitedly. There was that look he missed.
“Yup, let’s go” He got up pulling her up with him. It’s been hours since she’d gotten dressed, make up was a smeared mess. He hadn’t even noticed he still had the black dry towel around his waist.
“Wait” She called darting into the bathroom; taking off all her makeup. SB was busy getting dressed. Throwing on a blue tee, dark wash jeans and his white, blue and black Nike blazers. He was headed to the counter in the large closet ready to odee on jewelry, but decided he didn’t need it; not for this occasion. At the same time Nicki decided not out reapply her makeup, she didn’t need to. Going out tonight was for them to enjoy each other, not to please or worry about anyone else. When she appeared in the doorway he held his hand out; she grinned and wrapped hers tightly around his disappearing out the front door. The other residents of the building were used to seeing them around, so no one paid the couple any mind as they glided through the bright lobby out to the garage. He opened the passenger door for her, helping her inside his brand new sparkling red lambo. Nicki could see the huge illuminated Farris wheel from blocks away. SB sped the whole way eager to get her there as quick as possible, not wanting her to have to wait any longer.
~TBC~
No comments:
Post a Comment